Saturday, December 17, 2005

Unwanted night visitor

Hi all - We live on 19th between College & Bayview. Last night we were awakened at 4:30 a.m. by someone repeatedly ringing our doorbell, banging on our front door and shouting. My husband saw a woman with wild-looking light-colored hair walking away quickly, and by her quick, jerky gestures he guessed that she was on speed of some sort. Anyway, we saw her head 2 doors south of us toward the corner of 19th and Bayview and start rummaging around at another house. We called the cops and saw a patrol car drive by looking for her, but we're not sure if she was ever found. Has anyone else experienced disturbances like this recently?
 
Rachel

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a feeling that is a woman that has moved onto 19th. If it's the woman I'm thinking of she is schizophrenic. She has been seen running down the alley (inbetween 19th and 20th) in peoples back yards. A lot of yelling comes out of that house too. The address must be 2346 or 2348 on 19th. The house is a rental now.

Beacon Crime Watch said...

This is what I have heard as well, similar activity has been reported by our neighbor whose house flanks the alley on the East side. I think she lives in a rental (?) nearby -- if I am not mistaken (on 19th). If it presists, we may be able to contact the property owner to notify them of the situation if it persists.

Lee