Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Arson - Kind of?

Hi all - as I can imagine everyone is a little shocked, but not really surprised at the outcome of the events from this past Saturday when a fire broke out on the 1900 block of S. Bayview.

While I feel for the occupant (Dan) on many levels, I am hoping that this will be cause for some positive outcome down the road.

I can only imagine how long the property will sit like that, festering, while the irresponsible landlord does nothing. But I am going to hope for the best for the immediate neighbor's sake.

Hopefully we can all at least feel some compasion for Dan, as no one likes to see a person go through something as stressful and demoralizing as a house fire.

Thankfully - no one was injured.

While the police do feel it was arson - they have somewhat assured us that is was not a crazed arsonist that is targeting our neighborhood, so we can all rest easy on this news. I am sure we all pretty much know this, but it is always nice to have it confirmed.

While I was given little information, the police do feel this is potentially an event triggered by Dan's association with the suspect.

Meanwhile - it is still in our best interest to report any suspicious activities involving strangers roaming around our neighborhood...one never really knows for sure. Thanks everyone for being such great neighbors and cooperating when able with the authorities.

Until next time - Lee

1 comment:

Ringo said...

Hi everyone, and thanks, Lee, for the information. Thankfully no one was hurt. I actually think Dan will be better off because I think his visitors did take advantage of him/his situation at times. He's dealing with health issues both mentally and physically. I think he intends to move closer to his parents who live in north Seattle, which hopefully will be good for him. According to the public records, Maria and Candace Chinn are the owners of the property. It was "managed" by Ole Godfrey who I contacted multiple times the past couple years but didn't do much. I left a message for Candace to discuss a few things and will let you know what I find out about clean-up. Thanks, Stacy (Shelley and my house is next to Dan's).